Last Updated on
Whether you have children or not, it is so important to make time for your partner. However, if you live in a place with rampant snow as I do, it can be difficult to actually get outside during the winter season. If you just want to stay nestled indoors with warm soup belly and cozy slippers this season, how can you incorporate date nights into the equation?
(This post may contain affiliate links that I will earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no extra cost to you.)
Why Are Date Nights Important In a Relationship?
When day in and day out, you are all about work, kids and keeping up with the house and trying to score some downtime to yourself, its easy to let your relationship slide. It’s easy to lose connection and a bit of touch with each other. This could begin to slip away at the closeness over time. You also may find that your relationship has changed after a baby.
Even though it can be difficult to make the time, by doing your best to inculcate a date night into your weekly or monthly plans, it can give you and your partner downtime together to talk about things that need to be discussed, anything on your mind, or even just to catch up in a relaxed atmosphere.
35 Cheap (Or Free!) Date Night Ideas For Winter
- Go ice skating
- Go for a walk in the snow
- Go snowshoeing
- Take a romantic bubble bath
- Make smores by a fireplace
- Cook a romantic dinner together
- Play a board game
- Have a spa night inside your home. Give yourself facials and massages
- Make a fort and watch a movie inside together
- Have breakfast in bed
- Invent a new recipe
- Learn a new skill or hobby together
- Make a bucket list together
- Make a time capsule
- Listen To An Audiobook Together
- Check out winter events around your town
- Look through a bookstore together
- Play in the snow together
- Go to a sports event
- Try a new wine together
- Look at your wedding photos
- Ask each other questions to learn more about your partner
- Make a gingerbread house together
- Find matching onesies and wear them around the house
- Try your hand at painting or drawing
- Redecorate a room in your house by moving the furniture around
- Make your New Years resolutions together
- Learn how to ski together
- Build an igloo
- Visit a cafe
- Get sleeping bags and have a campout in the living room
- Play video games
- Learn how to do new arts and crafts
- Visit a museum
- Visit a carnival
These are just 35 quick and easy ways to get a date night into your routine. Date nights don’t always need to be elaborate or a full night, especially if you have kids to think about. However, no matter how small, it is important to make time just for you and your partner to keep your relationship alive and thriving.
What do you do for date nights? How do you make time for your partner? Comment below!
Mom blogger, job coach, ESL teacher and mom to my little girl.