Last Updated on
It doesn’t matter how far along you are, or how many symptoms you are having. It doesn’t matter whether you are a mom with a crazy life, or one having a low key pregnancy, to those who are sick the whole 9 months, we all have one thing in common. We all need some me time! It is so important to practice self-care! Before the arrival of babe is the time to be getting some rest and relaxation when possible. What if you have little time, or are on a budget? What if you want me time but have kids at home? What then?
Why is self-care important?
Pregnancy is a BIG deal! When you become pregnant, your body goes through so many hard changes. Add this to needing to work to make a living, the stress of what you will do when the baby is here, and things like making a baby registry.
You have to plan for so many things!
Also, if you are a first-time mom, your life is about to change forever! It’s a monumental change, and the first few weeks can be difficult. It is so important to have me time, not only to de-stress for the sake of your little fetus and control your prenatal health. but also to prepare for what is to come!
Ideas for self-care while pregnant:
- Take a warm, not hot, bath. Crank up the tunes, get all soapy, and enjoy the peace.
- Have a spa day. Nothing is more relaxing than a pedicure or manicure.
- Have a massage. I go to massage therapy because of a car accident and started getting them for pregnancy symptoms, and they help a LOT.
- Read a book. Get totally lost in one you’ve been meaning to read. I don’t mean parenting or pregnancy books either, an actual book to read for fun!
- Do some crafts. I’ve made so many knitted baby things since I got pregnant.
- Take up a new hobby.
- Go to the theatre.
- Sleep in!
- Start exercising. Don’t do this without doctors permission, but I feel great after I do stretches and go for a walk.
- Order some takeout-delivery.
- Go sightseeing.
- Spend some time with loved ones.
- Discover some new music.
- Start binging a new show.
- Discover some new movies.
- Get a new haircut.
- Go on a date night.
- Splurge on something you wouldn’t normally buy.
- If you have kids already, grab a babysitter and put your feet up.
- Have a beach day.
- Go swimming.
- Go for a walk.
- Learn a new skill.
- Plan a weekend away.
These, of course, are just a few suggestions. There are all the ones that I have tried and love.
What kind of self-care ideas have you practiced in your pregnancy? Comment below!
Mom blogger, job coach, ESL teacher and mom to my little girl.