Last Updated on
Baby registries. Stressful, or fun to make? It can be both thrilling to plan for your new addition, but also a reminder of EVERYTHING that needs to be done!
Baby proofing, nursery things, shampoos and lotions and potions, diapers, wipes, the list is ENDLESS. (It also adds up in price!)
*this post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.*
First off, what kind of things do you need on a baby registry?
To make it easier on you, I create a FREE baby shower registry checklist. Make sure you have everything you need! You can refer back to it while making your registry!
Where can I start my baby registry?
- Toys R Us
Why choose Amazon?
- Once someone orders off your registry, you get a FREE baby welcome box. This is filled with diapers, wipes, and often more!
- You have a great 90-day return policy. That is amazing, especially if you happen to get duplicates, or need to exchange sizes.
- If your registry gets completely purchased, you get a 10% discount for regular customers and 15% for prime.
- There is literally everything and the bathroom sink on that site! Literally. From onesies to car seats to pumping supplies, they have you covered. Check out some of these things:
Why choose Walmart?
- Walmart is both in the US, and Canada
- They have a super cute baby section!
- Like Amazon, you get a welcome box with pacifiers, lotion, and other small samples
- You can use their app for your registry
- You have a 90 days return window
- You can exchange diapers like for like with no receipt as long as Walmart can confirm they sell the exact type you are returning
- You can shop in-store unlike Amazon, which is nicer for ones who aren’t so fond of shopping online
Toys R Us
- Once you’re so close to your due date they send you a gift card that is 10% of the total purchased off your registry
- You get a 15% discount if you complete your registry
- A whopping one-year return policy! You can’t beat that!
The only con is that they are currently mostly only in Canada right now!
- You receive a $50 dollar welcome kit for registering with trusted brands like Huggies.
- A 90-day return policy
- You’re able to physically shop in store
- They have a great selection of baby products
Planning a shower can be stressful. Especially when you want it to be perfect! If you want to be prepared for the arrival of your little one, you need to create a GREAT, comprehensive registry at a place that has great perks. To make sure you’re totally prepared, make sure you don’t forget to grab your free copy of my ultimate baby registry checklist. Just don’t forget, I purposely left off big furniture like cribs and gliders, since parents usually want to buy them themselves.
Mom blogger, job coach, ESL teacher and mom to my little girl.